Thursday, June 11, 2009

Yet one more thing to fight for

My disability payments have been cut by nearly 1000NIS a month. And what's even worse, the letter I got today says this is the permanent status, that I'll receive 67% disability down from my 100%.

There was no meeting with the doctors this year at all. They are basing it on the NF disability without updating my file with my new diagnosis, which also may be a life-long struggle.

I cannot drive without pain, and I do not work. Now I have to make phone calls, wait on hold for long periods of time, wait till such-n-such gets back from vacation, petition for a doctor's committee meeting (va'adat refuit) for the re-assessment process to start. It may even be that since this PVNS is a separate diagnosis, I may have to go through *all the paperwork and appointments again*.

I had called Bituach Leumi (national health insurance) a few weeks ago to request another doctor's committee meeting because of the new medical diagnosis that I got, and they asked me to bring in or send by snail mail the original record of the diagnosis (not a fax, which is all I had). So, Bikel's office said they'd send it to me, but that was only yesterday. I had called them right after I spoke with Bituach Leumi, but Bikel's office asked me to wait for the official documentation of Bikel's next decision (the consult with the orthopedic surgeon here). Remember- Bikels was on vacation last week. In the meantime, Bituacch Leumi set my permanent disability without this update.

Anyone want to be my secretary? The job won't pay much (not money, anyway...), but involves many hugs (if it is a female, of course ;-)), and much gratitude from me. And maybe even fresh baked whole wheat challot every Shabbat. Or some Shabbats... Anyone?

The beauracacy of being in need.

May Hashem protect you all from this, that you may never need.

1 comment :

  1. so sorry!! so can relate!! I need a secretary too!!!

    sending you many, many virtual ((HUGS))!!!!

    ReplyDelete