Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Decision

I have decided to switch from Bikels to Mellers, the head of the orthopedic oncology department. They are partners, but Mellers heads the department. He is much more famous for his work, and especially his approach to patients. He is loved by all who he cares for.

I will not allow myself to be treated this way any more.
I no longer have to be a victim of someone else's nonchalance.

I will make that phone call.... but I have to sleep more. Sleeping till 2 this afternoon apparently wasn't enough for this battered spirit & body.

3 comments :

  1. You go girl. Maybe he can talk to the other two docs and impress to them that you need a surgery scheduled sooner.

    I am so sorry to hear that this happened. I just cannot believe the arrogance of some doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one phone call I would gladly play your secretary and make with you!!
    Isaac Meller is one of G-d's gifts to the medical world.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    Taking charge like this can be very empowwring. Continue to do what you believe is in your best interest and it will be!! Only you know what's right.

    I hope all goes well with your little one's upcoming surgery. My son, Gerry (9 yrs old), just had a second surgery on this thumb which had to be reconstructed (bone and tendon) due to a nasty go-cart accident at sleep-a-away camp in June. He did really well, better than I did!! He gave me strength and I learned quite a bit about him through this process. He's probably facing a third surgery, but can't focus on that now. Thank goodness it's his non dominant hand.

    Please give my love to Theda and Phil. I'm thinking about you and hoping that you are in good emotional and physical health soon.

    Dina

    ReplyDelete