Sunday, May 9, 2010

good news and bad news

The title of the post came from Ya'akov today (my 10 year old). He had a school trip to Jerusalem, together with Dov (4th and 5th grade trip). Ya'akov said that he had good news and bad news for me. The good came first-- that he was at the Kotel ("wailing wall", supporting wall of the Holy Temple waiting to be rebuilt in Jerusalem), and he saw a bride and groom having a wedding. He said it was so beautiful and they were walking to there and everyone was singing and dancing with them. Then he told me the bad news-- there were many poor beggars. His heart broke for all of them, and wished he had change to give all of them. It started a whole talk with us, which was very special. He also brought home incense which was comprised of some components of the original kerotet incense of the Beit HaMikdash (Holy temple). He retold what he learned about it, and that in times that it was used, it could be smelled all the way to the southern part of the country, to Yerucham (near my city). He said "ima, it is really a nes (miracle) that that could happen!". Love him. Oh it's impossible to express my love for these kids. God is good.

So, my day went this way (bad news, good news), too, but all medical stuff. Not as interesting as Ya'akov's sights and sounds for today.

CT brain scan is good. No pathological findings. Yeah. That is the good news. Now we just have to try to figure out how to handle the migraines and make them less frequent.

But first I have to deal with the less positive diagnosis I got today when I visited my doctor about this nausea and feeling under-the-weather for a few weeks now. Taking all other symptoms into consideration, it looks like it's Pelvic Inflammatory Disease ("PID"). Another autoimmune catch-all for body organs getting inflamed with an infection and make all the organs around it hurt and do uncharacteristic things. That explains my strange array of symptoms, and today a fever (low, but higher than my regular). That is why I decided not to wait till my Tuesday appointment, but be seen today on an urgent basis.

My doctor referred me to get an ultrasound and thorough pelvic exam tomorrow morning. SO Not Looking Forward To That. In fact, there are few worse ways I can think of spending a morning.

Apparently, in the little time I've had to learn about PID says that when scar adhesions happen, they can sometimes cause infections. I have a lot of scar adhesions, and I guess their continual growth is the catalyst for this. There can be other reasons. And it can be recurring. Last year when I had an infection of the fallopian tube, that was a symptom of PID. I was nauseous then, also, and had loss of appetite, like now.

Not happy. I'll get on antibiotics tomorrow after the exam. I hope we'll find one that can take on the infection and not make me allergic.

Then a concert tomorrow evening, and another one Tuesday evening in Rechovot (an hour+ away)... traveling and getting back later than usual. I just want to play well and feel good. Last night's concert had some wonderful moments. I wasn't at the top of my game, but there was a lot of really good. It was fulfilling, nonetheless.

A few prayers now would be good...

Sarah Rachel Bat Tova

No comments :

Post a Comment