Wednesday, September 24, 2008

low level functioning

I am barely keeping it together.

I am exhausted and have way too much on my plate.

I have to get through tomorrow with traveling to play a concert in Jerusalem, and somehow have the children taken home and taken care of for that time; Robert will be away at work all day/evening. How will dinner get made?

My client who had her baby on Sunday needs help with breastfeeding and baby jaundice. I am not sure I can give it, but I have a responsibility to take care of her post natal, also.

The laundry is piling up high.

Rosh Hashana is coming and I can't make arrangements, I am just fried.

I feel like I need to go away from the house for a while in order to have changes made. I also need a therapist.

I can't do all the driving, and I can't deal with my responsibilities. What kind of mother am I?

I need space, and quiet.

Please include me if you are the praying type, I could use some strength from others at the moment.

3 comments :

  1. Hey, now that I know where to find you, remember that we're still out here rooting for you! We love you, Sarah! Perhaps its okay to say "no" to the outside obligations for awhile, including the post-birth visits. It is important to remember you obligations, but not if it will make you sick, weak, depressed, etc. Take care of you so there is more you for your family.
    Love, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah
    You are the best mother you can be on every day of the week. Do what you can, and the rest will have to not get done. What ever you do cannot include beating up on yourself...you are a great person, a great mother, wife and friend.
    Hang on! you will make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can partner w/ Andi -- I know she's not doing births at the moment, but maybe she can fill in for you in the post-natal department here and there, so that you won't feel like you're leaving ppl in the lurch if you can't see them.

    ReplyDelete