Thursday, November 20, 2008

A new view of living with pain, giving it a try

Feeling better today. I think it is good that I gave up the chase. I need to focus on me & my family. I wrote to my NF list about what I have been feeling, and I got letters back about the same things with others. Many people have daily pain of some sort or another, and depression is a well known feature of post NF life. In fact, of course, having daily pain can perpetuate depression. But it's not insurmountable.

If the pain doesn't spring into something else, than it's not dangerous. It isn't fun, but it isn't dangerous. I want to try to start telling myself when I have pain that "it is OK, I recognize it, and I will not let it get me down".

One friend from the list wrote: "some days you're the pigeon, and some days the statue". I loved that, made me crack up. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment