Thursday, March 26, 2009

Acts of kindness

Before he even finished reading my last post, a thoughtful friend called to offer assistance with taking my file [of test results] to Tel Aviv, straight to the office in Ichilov hospital where it has to be delivered. A few hours later, another thoughtful friend also called with the same offer. Mind you, this is not a usual type of errand; it's time consuming, both these people have never been to Ichilov, but offered as soon as they knew they could work it in with their Tel Aviv business they have to do next week. Both on Monday, funnily enough. I am so grateful for these offers, but grateful is only a word that I wrote after trying to think of a better one. I don't have a better word, but it's something like humbly blown away, or thankful for these acts of human kindness which inspire me to do the same whenever I can. Thanks, BD & HB. ...Oh, and by the way, there is also a bank in Tel Aviv that I really need to rob, but it looks like it'll just be too complicated for me, so do ya'll think....?? :-) [still a bit unclear on acts of human kindness, am I? ;-))]

Anyway, my computer is finally in the repair shop, my medical tests are all completed and gathered (and organized with labels and dates!), library books returned (and new ones taken), new outfit for Pesach shopped for and bought (yay), menu & shopping list for Pesach organized, pre-natal course completed for my couple, many calls accomplished this week, and feeling ready (spiritually, not cooking-ly) for Shabbat. Can't complain! I even bought a friend an exercise mat she wanted because I was in that area to buy it, and also followed up on the appointment for the Sudanese woman. So I *did* do things for others, when I could. That keeps life running smoothly, doesn't it. It's all about random acts of kindness, and about being thankful. It's why Gd put us all here.

M & D, just want to let you know I am going to write soon. You've been on my mind all week. Peter's here, and I've seen him a few times. I will write when I have a good stretch of computer time with the only working computer in our house. It's in high demand.

No comments :

Post a Comment