Wednesday, March 18, 2009

bye-bye Satellite! (oh, and I had a CT)

My computer is actually going to the computer hospital today. It was supposed to go last week, but Robert has been very pressured with work (his home job on the computer) and hasn't had a minute to go out and do this and other errands. He is under so much pressure with this job. He likes the work, and is good at it, so that's why they send him more projects. He feels a lot of financial burden, also, of course, because I am hardly working, and my disability compensation is much less than my full-time paycheck was from the orchestra (and most of you know that that is really saying something; the orchestra paycheck was quite minimal.) ANYWAY, my dear Toshiba Satellite didn't get to the doctor yet. I'm on the way out to the place today with it, but I thought I'd write an update before I pack it up.

So, the CT happened on Monday, and it was fine. I didn't like the feeling of the iodine going through my veins- it felt like a burning sensation starting at my chest and radiating up and down simultaneously. Quite a strange and unwelcome feeling, but it's done. Also, strangely, the next day I had a nosebleed. I never get them. Maybe I have a few times, but only after a blow to the nose (ha! Get it? blow to the nose! Ha!). So I don't know if that was from the iodine the day before, or what. It also passed, and everything is normal now. I didn't look at the disk; my DVD drawer of the computer is stuck- one of it's problems. Probably better anyway, I can't analyze it myself. The analysis should come in a week. I'll pick up the copies of the tests I ordered, and then I'll be ready to see the doctors at Ichilov again with the whole file neatly in order with nothing missing.

I saw Dorit today to have the weekly lymphatic draining/ reflexology visit, and she is still quite convinced that I am dealing with Bursitis of the hip. I trust her, and know that she is a very intuitive healer, and I am inclined to believe her. I will pursue this with the doctors at Ichilov and see what happens with that. In the end, I will have to weigh a few opinions and decide how best to try to deal with this pain. I am still taking Advil or Optalgin every day, a few times a day.

OK, I am going out now. I'll update when I can, but, as I said earlier, Robert uses his computer so much with his work that it'll be sporadic.

May my Satellite return to me in healthy body & mind. I feel like an appendage is being taken away. (maybe not such a great analogy in this forum of discussing aftereffects of NF, but you know how I mean it. :-))

No comments :

Post a Comment