Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good news!

OK, this first part isn't exactly the good news, but you'll soon see where I'm going with this...

Azriel has been coughing with lots of phlegm in his chest for over a month now. He needs a tonsillectomy soon, and we thought that it is just part of needing tonsils out that, that he is getting all sorts of viruses. The year has kind of been like that for him. but, I decided the other day to take him to the pediatrician anyway, because the coughing was worrying me, especially at night. Our pediatrician did a strep test, like she always does with my kids, no matter what I bring them in for, because of my problems with strep. Turns out that Wazi's test turned up positive for strep A. He is on penicillin now, and his coughing is already a little better, but the point is that I didn't get sick!!! Now, it could be a different type (strain) of strep, but this is still great news.
He has had this cough for at least a month, maybe more, and I didn't get sick at all!! Isn't that interesting? Maybe my immunity to strep is getting stronger?

And yesterday I had my session with Dorit for lymphatic massage/draining, and she commented that it isn't as full and swollen as it usually has been. She and I thought that may be due to the hydrotherapy I have been doing once a week. That was cool, too. I only have one more session with Dorit through the HMO, and she is going to help me re-apply, and maybe we can renew them.

I also am really feeling great about this personal trainer I am with 2X/week. It is so good to do something with my body, and feel healthier. It is wonderful, actually. Between that and the swimming, I am doing good. Also keeping with the program that my Rabbanit (Hebrew for "Rebbetzin") layed out for me, it just feels so nourishing... the whole package.

Just that the medicines aren't reacting so well with me. This morning I had a throat swelling episode, and I hadn't even taken Percocet yet, only my regular meds that I take every day now for over a year. I don't know if I'm supposed to keep taking the Percocet on a regular basis if I felt this (twice, already). I will call the doctor.

But, overall, good things are happening. It feels like a real corner has been turned.
Now we have to see what comes out of the meeting on Sunday with Bikels, reagarding my treatment plan.

3 comments :

  1. Jackie Pellegrino, Oct98July 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM

    It's great that you're working on your overall health (with all the parts of your body that you're able to). That has GOT to help, not only with your immune system, but also with your overall mood and outlook (which I think also strongly impacts your health)! Good for you, Sarah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you'll be going into the meeting w/ Prof. Bikels from a place of strength...
    Shabbat Shalom!!

    Love, D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news. I would bet that the exercise is helping drain your lymph tissues. I think it is so exciting that you can find a way to excercise that isn't painful for you and actually makes you feel better. Exercise has so many benefits that will be useful for you at this time; helping with depression is one of them.

    ReplyDelete