Monday, July 13, 2009

Too tired to write all that I want to write, so just a tiny update...

I am playing with the orchestra this week. It'll be fun, I'm looking forward to it. I just practiced for an hour or so this evening, and it felt like reuniting with an old friend. The concert is an open air concert at the University (Ben Gurion University), and it is traditionally a really enjoyable concert; the orchestra does this concert every year in July.

I am already anticipating comments from just about everyone in the orchestra about why I am walking with a crutch (cane thing with arm cuff). I don't really want to get into it, so I'll have to think up a quick reply before I get there. And how do I carry my horn on stage... I think I'll just leave the cane backstage during the concert. Too much trouble, I don't want to draw unnecessary attention.

There is such a stark emotional contrast going between the working world and the illness/healing world. It is like two different life zones, and I haven't been successful in going from one to the other very well. Tomorrow after rehearsal I have hydrotherapy at Soroka. I just wish we had an automatic car already so I can transport myself. We are closing in on a car, and tomorrow Robert is taking it to the garage to have our mechanic give it the 'once over'. Hopefully it'll get the seal of approval and we'll buy it and get it insured ASAP.

Anyway, just for this week, I am going to go between both worlds... not many people get to do that!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for reminding me about the concert! See you there!
    Love, Miriam

    ReplyDelete