Monday, August 31, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Shifra started first grade today. It was so special! Many of her friends were in the class with her and they all skipped around together before the morning got underway. She was then seated at her table with another friend, and her name was at her desk. She opened up her brand-spankin'-new purple back-pack and took out her newly sharpened pencils and crayon pack, and basically shoed me out of there. I got a few pictures (I will try to post them) and turned around and left her. She is so confident and ready. I love that girl.
The others start on Tuesday. Books finally came in today and everyone was busy sorting and putting name stickers on everything. School is in the air. Shifting gears. Transitions are always a bit overwhelming.

I got a call from Prof. Meller today, telling me the date for the surgery. It isn't tentative. I am to come in on the 13th of September for antibiotics, and the surgery is scheduled for the 14th. OK then. I'll shift into that gear [again] slowly in the next two weeks.

Did I mention that Prof Meller ordered another MRI? And that he wants it before the surgery, if at all possible. So, he wrote a letter stating his request for an urgent MRI, and it is my job to fax the letter around and try to get appointments. (again, big job- getting phone numbers, each call is another emotional boarder to cross.)
For some reason, MRI's are hard to come by, with waiting lists many months in advance. I started calling around last week and got only appointments available in October and later. Then today I called an MRI appointment center, which only today I heard about. Why do they keep these things so secret???? I could've used that last time I needed an MRI. It was a long wait then, as well.

So the MRI center asked me where I want it done. Ummmm... anywhere! It's a small country, I'll go anywhere, and I have surgery in two weeks. It turns out that just when I was on the phone with this secretary, a cancellation came through her computer screen for the early morning of September 8th in Jerusalem. Snagged it. Score. But now I have to be at the hospital, an hour & a half away, at 7:15am. :-/ Nothing's perfect.

Then, I have to get the disk to Ichilov as soon after that as possible. I am going to try to get the hospital in Jerusalem to send it to them directly.

I am exhausted. So many fast changes.

This thought led me to the next post; it got me thinking about the time line of this long road we've been on together...

3 comments :

  1. Was going to ask if you wanted to sleep over the night before, but then realized that you prob can't do that so easily... But if I can help w/ the MRI in any way, let me know!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't the hospitals have some kind of coordination where you can email scans and info back and forth? Wouldn't that be helpful.

    Devorah
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be nice, indeed, Dev. I asked them, and they said no. The disk is in my possession once they give it to me (same day after the test), and they are not responsible for getting it to anywhere. I guess it leaves too much of a margin of error. Nobody wants to take responsibility.

    TTYS!
    S

    ReplyDelete