Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Realizations on a quiet morning

First day of school. Ahhhh, quiet. May Gd bless them all with a good year of learning and being good to one another.

I just realized this morning... Robert & I were talking about the surgery and scheduling issues, and other related issues about the canceled surgery. When it was scheduled for August, there wasn't an issue of him taking off time from work (he is an English teacher in high school). Now there is that issue. He has taken off *so much time* from work in these past two years because of my health situation, that his higher-ups are putting a lot of pressure on him. They are aware of my (our) whole situation from the start (two and a half years ago), and when Robert told his boss about my upcoming surgery, he said [gently, actually] to choose his time off wisely. So, anyway, we were talking about all kinds of stuff. (so nice to have quiet time and space in our house).

You know, the last time surgery was scheduled and canceled, I realized that my doctor (previous oncologist) actually endangered my life. He was ready to send me into a serious surgery without preparing the surgeon. He was willing to send me into serious surgery with an outdated MRI (from January- when I only needed mild over-the-counter pain meds once a day or so). He dropped the ball on me completely; he waited months to take care of my case. It is so hard to grasp the incompetence.

When people tell me they davened (prayed) for me for that surgery, I tell them that their prayers were effective. They saved my life. The prayers gave Dr. Yaniv the humility that he needed to postpone the surgery until he is more prepared. Another surgeon may have been enthusiastic to rise to the challenge. I can see it going either way. All the prayers were answered. Keep praying. :-)

Another thing we realized, another huge benefit now. One of the surgeons, Dr. Raht, is here in Soroka. When I get the MRI next week, on the 8th, I can go right to him so he can see it before the surgery. Brilliant! He won't be getting to the hospital (Ichilov) until the day of the surgery. Dr. Yaniv will get the MRI to study the day before, but how did they expect Dr. Raht to see it? This is my initiative to get to Soroka and sit with him. What would I do if I was sick...

As I said, keep praying. And thank you.

Sarah Rachel Bat Tova

1 comment :

  1. yishtabach sh'mo !

    "what if.....?" hashem sends you messages / messengers all along the way - he's taking care of your questions as they come up. he's probably a few steps ahead of you....
    shlomit

    ReplyDelete