Wednesday, August 12, 2009

detox from Percocet, update on the disease.

I decided to stop the Percocet. It was not helping the pain much at all any more, my body got too used to it, or the pain is getting worse and it just wasn't helping any more. And to top it all off, I was (am) addicted to it.

I went cold turkey. Perhaps I should've tapered off, but I felt so sick yesterday because of it, and my head kept saying to me so loudly "take a Percocet!", that I had to bite the bullet and get through it. With a big headache, nausea, achy bones & muscles and such extreme fatigue, I was able to get myself to sleep (with a sleeping pill). I know it may seem like too much to do this now, but I have to. I *cannot* let myself have any addiction. It is very unwelcome for me on many levels. Today is a bit better as far as the headache, but I am so profoundly exhausted. I did get out of bed to go to my personal trainer, and that was good. Now I am going to a friends' Kibbutz with the family to go swimming. I will probably rest there a lot, but also do my lymphatic exercises in the pool. And oh, play with my kids, too.

We have a meeting with Prof. Meller on the 23rd (a week & a half) and we will then see if he is willing to take a chance with me and support me to take the Imatinib. If not, we will be in touch with Rav. Firer and get the next course of action.

If I could buy it myself, I'd start taking it today. But I can't; the company will only sell it privately with a referral from an oncologist.

Nobody has contacted me about any ideas for surgery, or if there will be any plan for surgery. They'd have to come up with something innovative and plausible, otherwise there is no surgical solution. I could wind up losing my leg, and I don't say this lightly. It is not as impossible a thought as it should be. It seems like I have an active, inoperable tumor. And it just keeps growing.

We are urgently seeking an oncologist who will prescribe me the Imatinib.

No comments :

Post a Comment