Sunday, November 1, 2009

doctor's visit today

After having four days of this almost fever thing going on... not a normal fever, but not red-flag high, my dear friend talked me into going to the doctor ... and she drove me, the sweet soul.

The exam showed that the incisions look fine. After some pointed questions from my astute doctor, her theory is that my fever is from my digestive system not working yet, not since before the surgery. A Very Important part of the digestive track hasn't made it's presence known as of yet. You see, the appendix is attached to the intestine. When it needs to be removed, then the intestine needs a few stitches where the appendix was. It's a bit of a trauma to the intestine, and those things can be sensitive, you know.

So, she is quite sure the fever is about that. Interestingly enough, I remember that happening with one of my children when that child was small. There was a problem with ongoing "intestinal issues", and there would be times that we noticed a fever for no other reason than that.

So, she gave me some doctor's words of wisdom, and a very simple prescription, and said there should be success tomorrow. Of course, it'd help also if I ate. Absolutely no appetite though, still, but I'll try to eat something. I am drinking well, though.

This, too, shall pass.....

In the meantime, friends are angels, my body is tired and sore, but we will get over this. But wow, it's tough.

5 comments :

  1. I hope you can eat enough to get things moving again. Can you drink a milk shake? yogurt? something mostly drinkable that is food too. Still sending prayers up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRUNES

    refuah shlayma!!

    Love,
    RivkA

    I either commented or sent an email asking if calls are welcome or a bother -- until I hear back, I'm not calling. I really don't want to add to your feelings of being overwhelmed, and there is nothing practical I can do to help, besides listen. I am, however, a great listener (as you know).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra... read next post... (which I haven't quite written fully yet)
    RivkA- you can try to call whenever. My day's until 4 are pretty quiet, BH. If I am resting, I just don't have the phone on ringer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok! do you have an answering machine? I just want to know that if I don't reach you, I can leave a long, rambling phone message so you know I was thinking about you, actually made it to the phone to call you, and sent a long convoluted message of love, since I wasn't prepared for you not to answer the phone and so I started senselessly talking on and on (like this comment)!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should work, RivkA. It'd be nice to hear your voice. :-) Oh, and ramble on. My ramblings need a cork on them occasionally.

    ReplyDelete