Friday, December 18, 2009

"Unravel": to loosen a tight weave, -not- to be confused with "unravel": to fall apart.

Life is getting back to normal with Robert home. He seems to be doing OK, as long as his father is "stable", which is relative, of course.
We both slept in pretty long this morning- our kids are awesome. They really get it about "honoring your father and mother", and try their best not to wake us if we are sleeping. They took breakfast by themselves, dressed, and played with all sorts of things instead of getting into each other's hair and fighting. We both caught up on some desperately needed sleep.

The kids are still hanging out at home now, as they have been all day on this beautiful fall-like day. I offered many outdoor activities, including using the new soccer balls at the park, or taking them to a park a bit further away. The consensus is to stay home and hang out. I think they really want to soak in the vibes of the family being together again. I can relate to that. In general, my kids are home bodies. I consider that a compliment from them.

I feel like I need some big-time recovery time. All my PT (every day) is hard to contend with. I am very sore much of the time, and when I have a long day (like yesterday was), my thigh and pelvis just feel sort of numb and inflexible if I haven't been able to rest. There have been days that I was literally on my feet, hitting the ground running *all day*, going from one busy thing to the next. I know that there is an element of gratitude that I can even *do* that; much of these past two years I couldn't even think of that. And that I *could* take care of the kids and household without Robert for two weeks is also pretty incredible, taking into account everything that I've been through in the very recent past.

But it is with a price... I hurt all over- shoulders, neck, hips, gapey, and both thighs. I am allowing myself to unravel a bit; I am getting into bed now with a heating pad.

Robert is home, and thank Gd feeling strong, and I asked him if I could lean on him a bit today and Shabbat, and he gave me the loving and sincere "OK" for that.

Bless his soul.

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like your family is doing a good job of just "be"ing. Sounds like some much needed together time. Robert sounds like a wonderful husband. I'll bet he is also very thankful that you were able to hold down the fort for two weeks also. You may be tired but you did it! I'm sure he is tired with all the emotions he has been dealing with while taking care of his father too. Now you can lean on each other and both recover.

    ReplyDelete