Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Being home tonight

Robert is home safely
(but his father is now living at home, with 24-hour nursing care. He hardly ever has waking moments)
Dov & Ya'akov are home safely
We all lit our menorahs tonight together
Shifra's Hebrew birthday is now (& tomorrow)- 7 years old

Baruch Hashem!

But it is unfortunate that the goodness is combined with sorrow...

My uncle Allen died today. I just spoke to my mother (it was her brother) and she told me. He died from a hospital infection after giving it a three week fight.
My mother is the last remaining member of the family she grew up with.
Last time I saw him was in my house here in Be'er Sheva about a year ago. His wife, who is Israeli, has a brother in Be'er Sheva, so they visited me when they came to visit him. I have pictures of him with all my kids.

Baruch Dayan Emet.

2 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear of your uncle. I'm so glad you have recent memories of him visiting though.

    So happy to hear that your hubby is home safe and sound. Sorry to hear his dad is doing so poorly but I'll bet your dh is very glad he made the trip and got to spend the time with him that he did.

    Enjoy your family time back together again and enjoy the Channakah (sp?) season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that Robert's homecoming is mixed with sadness. May your mother find comfort.

    ReplyDelete