Friday, January 15, 2010

Optometrist- art exhibit- dinner out

Yesterday, after I slept till noon, Dov & Ya'akov come home at 1:30-- Thursday-- the early day. I got it all together because we had a full afternoon planned.

I made lunches for Dov & Ya'akov, then Dov went to his work-out. I was home with Ya'akov talking about his recent sketches, and looking at sketches from Leonardo DaVinci on the internet. It was really quality time together with nobody else home.

Then we picked up Azriel from gan, Dov from his work-out, and Shifra from school and went on our way to the optometrist for three appointments in a row. That's what it is when you have three kids in glasses. Turns out that each of them need new prescriptions, as I had suspected.

Lots of money later, we left to go to an art exhibit here in town where a portrait of *me* with Emma was on display. It was an oil painting by an artist who hangs out to paint in our park. He liked seeing me walking Emma, so he painted us. We did a few sittings, and that was about a year ago, actually. So yesterday was the opening of "portraits", a collection of portraits all done by local artists. I took all four children, and they were great! I was really impressed. It was dinner time, and nobody complained.

We left the exhibit and went out to dinner at a cafe called "Kapulsky's". It was a special treat (and, of course, I had no time to make the pizza for our usual Thursday evening dinner). They all ordered pizzas. What a surprise. :-) I had a great salad with fried Halumi cheese in it- yum!!

We got home, and everyone went to bed later then usual.
There were no meltdowns, and no bickering. I was happy the whole time, and it was a lovely afternoon out!! And I did it all myself. Proud mommy day.

No comments :

Post a Comment