Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Tooth Fairy

Yesterday Ya'akov lost a tooth. A fairly Big Event in the life of a nine year old. I told him to put it under his pillow so the tooth fairy can leave him a surprise.

He is somehow convinced that the tooth fairy is me. Or Abba. I have told him zillions of times that the tooth fairly is her own entity, and she has nothing to do with me or Robert. "It's true", I say "that she is getting older now, and doesn't always remember which kids have teeth under their pillows on the exact night they lose them".

Then my dear, creative, determined son decided to help the tooth fairy to remember about him. Ya'akov made signs complete with a cute diagram of his tooth (in case she doesn't read Hebrew), and left them all over the house. Including, might I add, one taped to the stairway up to his parent's room.

The tooth fairy didn't forget last night. Ya'akov got some shiny coins under his pillow. And I heard that the tooth fairy was filled with so much love and warmth and adoration for this particular kid, that she kept the signs, *with* the special tooth, for posterity.

1 comment :