Sunday, March 28, 2010

low-key for this holiday

It's late, and I'm tired, but I just wanted to update a little.
I am feeling much better--just a nagging sore throat lingering.

We are ready for Pesach (Passover), thanks to hard-working Robert. He got it all done, basically by himself. Now he's out food shopping. He's my hero. :-)

My daughter, it seems, has taken it upon herself to personally reenact one of the ten plagues for us in preparation for tomorrow evening... the most famous one for Israeli girls and boys alike... yuck. I had to fine-tooth comb her tonight (takes forever), and change all her bedding. Of course, we discovered this after she had already gone to bed, and came out of her room a half hour later complaining she can't sleep because she is itchy. By the time everything was taken care of, it was 10:30 pm. We were both pooped. Now I can only hope it doesn't "catch on", or we'll have a very close approximation to the Exodus from Egypt over here.

Life here is so "one day at a time". We just need it that way, it seems. Planning too far ahead is dangerous. We have one day outing planned for chol hamoed (the days of Pesach after the seder; Pesach lasts for 8 days), and the other days are open, as of now. We will do some good things; perhaps even visit cousins in Jerusalem, but it is open. I hear the weather is supposed to be great.

I wish all of you out there (who celebrate Pesach) a wonderful chag (holiday), with lots of spring rebirth and renewal. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment