Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Holding steady this week

You know what? It's been a good, steady week. No roller coasters.
I was about to say no doctors, but that isn't true.
Then I was gonna say no migranes, but, unfortunately that isn't true, either.

What there was, was an absence of work... like careers/job work. This is the first week in about three months- maybe more- that I haven't worked.
I know you guys out there reading this, you work at jobs like every day. But it's different for me. When I work a lot, I am often on the very edge of drowning. It wasn't always that way, of course, but I've been through a lot.

Truth is that I did a lactation consulting home-visit today, and got to thoroughly enjoy a ten-day old baby.

Point is that I do better-- in my daily life-- without working. It is a balancing act. I am done with the orchestra for a while; that was just way intense for me, and I am just not cut out for that pace any more. And birthing, well, I'm my own boss. I accept work when I feel up to it, and turn it down when I don't.

The surgery is probably going to be the second week of July. Not great, but also not set in stone yet. Robert is hoping on a trip to North Carolina to close up his father's house, but it just may not work out if my surgery will be that late in July. Dov will be at sleep-way camp for the first time ever! He is going for three (!) weeks from July 5th- the 25th. Until the surgery date can be set, things feel quite up in the air. We also have had no success so far in reaching Rav Fisher for a recommendation for a second opinion, so that is up in the air, too.

I saw my doctor yesterday about the lower right side pain/decrease in appetite/ slight nausea, it's all still happening. He sent me for an ultrasound of the lower right quadrant. I'll call tomorrow to make that appointment.

Anyway, my sleeping pill is kicking-in now, so I'm off to dream land. It's been a good, steady week... in comparison to many of the other weeks of Sarah's life. Baruch Hashem.

Oh, and I am totally caught up on laundry!!!!! That hasn't happened in ages. It makes my brain feel clearer. :-)

1 comment :

  1. Great to see you having a good day/week. Enjoy the laundry free days for a while.

    ReplyDelete