Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deeper than we thought

I am home, and I am exhausted, but I'll just write a quick update... the story is actually longer than what I have recorded, but I just don't have it in me to write more.

The surgery went fine, but they still cannot figure out what the black nodule is (was). Turns out it was deeper into the skin; not superficial as was thought at first by my doctor. The doctor wound up taking fairly wide margins and going rather deep. Stitches internally & externally. The wait for pathology is two to three weeks.

I am pretty upset. (and yes, in sharp pain)
Upset that it another [relatively] deep wound. Not *AT ALL* to be compared with gapey, of course, but I wasn't prepared for a chunk of my body to be missing after today. It is not in a place that people see, but I am just not happy about it. I feel that the doctor could have tried harder to take less "meat", knowing already what happened to me on the other side.

I am on prophylactic antibiotics.

I just feel a bit sorry for myself tonight.
A bit of "why me"?

6 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear! Poor you! It is fine to grieve these injustices a bit. Hoping for good pathology results.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Sarah for only good results. Sounds like something that needed to come off, just wish it didn't have to be so much....
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you needed to get rid of this, whatever it is. Hopefully the pathology report will give good news. Grieving is part of your healing.
    Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. was this a surprise or something you knew about in advance...hope all goes well.
    Tzippi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sarah

    I just read your post,

    You end it by saying:

    I just feel a bit sorry for myself tonight.
    A bit of "why me"?

    I so get it…. I am so sorry for all of this. For your suffering. For the uncertainty you seem to keep having to face, and so often.

    Another *arurz* in my mind asks, (like I was exposed to when my own story started and I used try to see things symbolically, looking for meaning, like in a dream… what would this mean if it was a dream?

    I don’t know if you would like to go there.

    The Jerusalem alarm of shabat just rang so you will not be reading this now.

    I just leave you my blessing and a shabat shalom, I wish for you a calm time, with deep inner peace, quiet shabat with your loved ones.

    Caring

    Shu

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing you a complete refua shlaima. we are all praying for you. shavua tov, rochel.

    ReplyDelete