Friday, December 28, 2012

Looking adversity in the face, and kicking it's you-know-what.

A little helter-skelter writing, just gotta get it OUT.

I have had a few insanely hard days.

My nanny has been out sick, and I didn't find a replacement,. I had a medical emergency myself, which is OK now, don't worry. I hope to try to find a way to write about it next week. It sent me into a tailspin. But I am ok.

Robert has been working every night this week, getting home at 9:30 or 10 pm every day.
In between it all, there have been exams and projects the kids needed my help with.

I am in bed today (Friday) trying to recover, with my stomach burbling from a laxative, dealing with constipation. It is a constant companion to someone on narcotics.

I am so, so grateful to a generous, sensitive reader who treated us (me & my family) to a pizza dinner, ordered for any night we choose. Thank you, sweet "O's mother". Hugs... I hope we meet someday. I used that one last night. It saved me!

 ~~~~ I did get my kids to a children's concert yesterday! ~~~

Azriel's piano teacher was having a piece of his preformed. I *really* wanted to take them. His teacher is very talented. I just made it.

The concert was after my almost three hours in a doctor's office. It was a doctor I hadn't known beforehand. I wanted my regular doctor, when when I called his office to see him on an urgent basis, I learned that he had retired without informing his patients. Just like that. No recommendations, no nothing. A few emotional calls with friends, and I went to another friend's doctor. I like him, I'll probably stay with him.

I got out of there just in time. My nanny was sick, remember, so I had different friends helping me with the younger kids, and the older ones (with house keys) in and out with a field trip. Thank Gd for cell phones!!!!!!

Oh, and Azriel is sick with a cold/fever.

We will overcome. We look adversity in the face.
And now I am looking Shabbat in the face, and feel so grateful for this end of week.

Shabbat Shalom.

1 comment :

  1. Glad to hear you are ok and the doctor visit went well!! Hugs!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete