Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My stuff, Azriel's stuff, lawyers stuff...

Tomorrow is the consult in Tel Aviv. I am looking forward to [hopefully] getting answers about this tumor I have. I went to Dorit today for the lymphatic treatment, and we looked together at the MRI disk & evaluation. She knows what she is looking at. She showed me the tumor exactly with it's outlines and where it is. I didn't realize, but it is actually *in* the hip joint socket. It squishes out of the joint, like one of those wiggly gelical things you squeeze. (these are the sophisticated images that pop into a mother's mind...) Hmmmm...
It's not exactly what I thought I was looking at when I saw the MRI; the mass I saw was in a slightly different place. I asked Dorit about that one, and she didn't know. Since the one I saw was not pointed out on the evaluation, it's probably nothing. MRI scans are full of what they call "remnants", and only a pro can differentiate what is real and what is "remnant". But I'll ask about it anyway.

Then this coming Tuesday (Feb 24th) is Wazi's adenoid surgery, with an overnight stay until Wed. By the way it's not in Soroka, it's in "Assuta", a medical center in Be'er Sheva. Dov's tonsillectomy was there, too, when he was 5. It'll be the same surgeon. Wazi had his pre-op blood work up today. He doesn't know at all what is coming his way. We figured we'd start explaining it to him over the weekend. Their little minds can get quite worked up about something if it is talked about too early. So, that is Tuesday (24th), and if you could daven (pray) for him, is full name is Azriel Yosef ben Sarah Rachel. My baby.

I have been battling a migraine all afternoon. It is a mixture of tension and lack of proper sleep. I need many hours of sleep to function normally, and I haven't gotten that this week for different reasons. I really hope by tomorrow it'll have run it's course, and I can travel easily. I'm really glad my sister-in-law is meeting me there.

I'll update when I can after that!

Sarah Rachel Bat Tova

[quick update about the law suit we are working on; not much has happened yet because Soroka won't give over the medical file. Our lawyer has formally requested it three times, and they haven't send it to him. The lawyer's secretary told us today that they will have a court order for it next week, and they'll get it that way.]

No comments :

Post a Comment