Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Getting better, B"H

Boy- ear infections are really bad, bad, bad! I never knew, never having had one before. It is finally getting better, though, however incrementally. The right side of my head is still stuffed and disembodied from the left side, but the pain is much, much less. Facial swelling still there a bit, but it also getting better. I still feel sick, though, know what I mean? That icky feeling in the body that tells you it isn't quite right? No fever, but with a very clogged ear and weak feeling, not entirely recovered yet. Still taking the antibiotics, as well as using antibiotic drops in the ear directly. Slight pain still, as well. But not *nearly* what it was.

I decided after deliberating all day yesterday that I will travel with my family to Modi'in, and just try to lay low while I'm there. That is why I can be on the computer now; they are all out on a beautiful hike in this beautiful and ancient country, and I am still in PJ's sipping tea and hanging out at my BIL & SIL's house. Alone. Quiet. Ahhhhh....

When they come back and break my beloved silence, we'll go to the bar-b-que, joined by "the chevre"; many of our friends all in one place at one time for the mutual purpose of celebrating the independance of Israel. And, for some, this involves eating many pieces of cows and chickens. I, for one, will stick to salads and and beans, with the possible "faux hotdog", senza cow. Then partake in the famous "flag cake" made by our very own AKZ, and then probabaly lots of watermellon.

But in the meantime, I am going to mellow out here, soak in the silence, and recouperate from a hard week fighting an infection. It takes a lot longer to get better at the ripe old age of... me.... than it did in my [mis-spent] youth! Perhaps being slightly compromised from the NF at the outset has something to do with it, also.

May we merit to see many, many more years of Yom Ha'atzma'ut, Israel Independance day. And may Gd, in His infinate wisdom and compassion, spare us more bloodshed to acheive this goal.
Amen

1 comment :

  1. OMG! We really do have the parallel universe thing going! It is too scary!

    Do you remember my posts about the very first ear infection I ever got last summer??? (if not, read these)

    Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete