Sunday, July 19, 2009

Surgeon's name, and devine partnership

As I expected, I got a call from Bikles this morning. The name of the surgeon who he is recommending to do this surgery is Dr. Moshe Yaniv. We looked him up, and found only high accolades for this type of surgery. He works on children a lot, which is good- it means he can manipulate in small areas to get out as much of the PVNS as possible. The other orthopedist who originally was going to do the surgery is a "micro-orthoscpic" surgeon, so I wanted to know if this other surgeon is up to the same standards. Looks like he is. He also got very high recommendations that he is a doctor with a "golden heart" (don't see that very often). He even did a residency in Boston Children's hospital- my old stomping ground! Anyway, after what we've seen on him on the net, we get a good feeling. I think I will call Dr. Raht today, anyway, to get his opinion on the matter.

Another interesting thing about this morning- I got a very special phone call. A man called to request me to play for a concert he is putting together to raise money for his daughter's brain surgery. The surgery will be at Soroka, and they apparently need a new piece of equiptment to have this partuicular surgery be successful. The Sinfonietta is donating the concert, and he asked me personally if I'd play. I told him that next week I am to undergo my own serious surgery, and it would be my honor to give of myself for his daughter's health. Pretty amazing. So there is a rehearsal tomorrow, and the concert Tuesday evening. Anyone here on my blog with me in Be'er Sheva who would like to come to give a donation for this man's daughter, be in touch with me and I'll give you details.

Nice of Hashem to give me an opportunity to give of myself for someone else, before my surgery. I see that as a very good thing. There is that big hand descending from the heavens showing me how to be a partner with Him.

2 comments :

  1. Count us in for a donation at the least.
    brc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah. This is a very beautiful entry to read. I'd like the info to forward an anonymous contribution.

    ReplyDelete