Friday, September 25, 2009

I feel better today... thank you!

Thank you all for your help! We have food for Shabbat, and the children went out to the park today, and I slept a lot. This is how my day went:

Woke up at 12 noon after a night of only 3 wakings, and getting back to sleep because the Oxycod works so well.

Got myself downstairs, and comfortable on the couch.
I drank juice, a hot drink, then water, brought to me by Robert.
Then I ate two plates of beautiful healthy food that was brought over yesterday. (almost finished the whole thing, H!- yum!)
I was on the couch to greet the children when they came home from school/gan. I was delighted by their pictures of shofars, and letters of forgiveness (before Yom Kippur) from the little ones.

Then I went back to bed... till 5:30! Deep, deep sleep. Woke and took more oxycod.
It is almost Shabbat now. I'm going to creek my way to the shower, and please Gd be at the table downstairs for Kiddush this evening.

Thank you all again, for all your cooking, phone calls, and help with the kids! May Hashem bless you.

Shabbat Shalom

3 comments :

  1. Missed your last couple of posts and am just getting caught up. It has to be so hard to need help for so long. As someone else said, keep asking your friends for specific help. If I was there I'd offer to organize help each day but I'm not. I know how hard it is when people say "let me know if you need anything" because it does take energy to try to find some help when you need it. Next time someone offers or stops by try to give them something specific like "food on Tues" or "kids on Thurs". If you have a close friend, maybe ask them to help you make a chart of the things you could use help on. Then if others come visit, call, or email you can get them to fill a spot on the chart.

    I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Control of the pain is an important aspect of healing so don't skimp on the pain meds.

    You are, as always, in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah:

    I thought some more about how hard it is to organize help when you're going through a health crisis. I've BTDT and so could have used more help than I belatedly realized I needed. I found a website that has information on how to do this. If you could have a close friend look this up for you it might be very helpful to get you through this next month or two. Info is here: http://www.squidoo.com/lotsa-helping-hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sandra- what a great site! I don't think I need it now, actually. I *think* we have it together for at least the next week with Robert off from work (Jewish holidays). Although, he also has work to do from his other jobs on the computer, so we will need help with child outings/care. We will have a babysitter fairly consistently, please Gd, so hopefully it'll go smoothly. The reason that Thursday was so bad is because I was left alone in the house with no energy to eat, and we had no babysitter, and all the kids got to bed way too late. It needed to be planned better. I think the help needed could be with planning afternoons, if there will be outings, who goes, etc. Also for me to have healthy food prepared for me. Live and learn. Boy I could've used that website when I had NF, and the period after I returned from the hospital. The thing is that I don't actually have energy to work the site, and Robert wouldn't- it's not his thing. I'd have to ask a friend if I felt it was necessary. Anyway, good to know it's there. Thank Gd our community is an amazing support, and good friends have really been with us.
    Thanks again! I will forward the site to my NF list (unfortunately there are new people joining every week)- there are people there who really need it *now*.

    ReplyDelete