Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A time for every season under heaven (Kohelet- the book of Ecclesiastes- one of my favorites)

In the morning (Wed.) I am going to see a special doctor. He is a medical doctor who had a thriving family medical practice before he made aliyah (came to live in Israel), and since then has branched out to another type of medicine called "Orthomolecular medicine", or as it says on his website (I'm pretty sure the site is still under construction) "conventional and integrative medicine".

People have tried to direct me to him since I had NF. Immune system problems, general body-getting-thrown-off-balance issues are apparently up his alley. Now after this bad stint of issues piling up for me, and feeling so darn weak and knocked down, I decided to go for a consult with him.

It started with me wanting to start taking probiotics for the intestinal problems I've been having since the appendectomy. To make a long story short, I called him to ask which type [of probiotics] he would recommend. His wife (also secretary for him), who I have known for years, highly recommended I come in for a full consult. Over these past years, they sort of know what has been going on with me, and she has been encouraging me to come in, and telling me that her husband can help me feel better in all ways. Maybe get off all the pills, sleep better, take (sometimes mega-doses of) vitamins according to my own specific needs as seen on blood tests. He apparently orders a whole battery of specific blood work-up; much more than any kupat cholim doctor does. So anyway, we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes.

I feel optimistic that I am making a decision to try something new, and that this new approach comes from a medical doctor. I am ready.

Everything has it's own time, doesn't it. But, "there is nothing new under the sun". We just change and see things that weren't seen by us before.

1 comment :

  1. How did your appointment with the new dr. go? Anything promising?

    ReplyDelete