Saturday, March 20, 2010

Everything in good time

I am no longer the "mother who didn't give her son an 11th birthday party". I was that mom, until tonight- Saturday night. We presently have 6 boys over, and my other kids mixing it up with them as well. We had pizza, a movie, and yummy **home-made** cake. I made it on Friday, I was so proud of myself. Now they are going to get pajamas and have a sleep-over. They are all sleeping in our play room-- the farthest place possible in my house from the parent's room. Nice house. :-)

We did have his birthday planned on time; his actual birthday was October 25th. Turns out that on Oct 27th, the day the party was planned, I had an appendicitis and emergency surgery. I had planned a scavenger hunt all around our neighborhood, and Dovie was excited about it. But that was postponed. Till... ummm.... now. I just wasn't up to it. Honestly I don't feel up to it now, either, but we just decided to do it. It is vacation now from school-- 2 weeks off for Pesach, and optimal sleep-over party time. They are having fun, and at the moment Robert is supervising the "getting into pajamas" phase. I hope I am up to making banana pancakes in the morning... that would be nice.

Next job to catch up on Ya'akov's party... his 10th was in February.

These days I often feel behind the eight ball with pressures. Pesach coming, births coming, medicine changes, avoiding planning for the surgery I am supposed to be arranging. I am not ready. Can't say when I will be. Just going through the days and nights... varying levels of pain and varying levels of effective sleep, it's hard to plan.

But this accomplishment is a good one, and Dov is really happy with his party. I wrote on the cake "Dovie, Happy 11+1/2!!"

One thing at a time. We're good over here.
Good night... please Gd.

1 comment :

  1. While I don't think it's the worst thing in the world to not have an 11th birthday party I'm glad that you were able to reinstate your postponed birthday plans. Sounds like the kids are having a blast. Just think, this way he gets to celebrate his birthday twice a year.

    ReplyDelete