Wednesday, March 10, 2010

riding out the wave

Wow- I can't imagine what detox from illegal drugs may be like, if my experience now is from legal, low dose medication. I am in the category of "highly sensitive to any medication".

Today is a little better. Just a mild headache, no migraine (but the day isn't out yet). I still have that "brain zap" feeling, but perhaps slightly better. Hard to say.

I went to my family doctor today, just to rule out anything "organic", so they say. Organic meaning physical illness, as opposed to only side effects from changing meds. Aside from my blood pressure being really low (90/50), she is 100% convinced that I am having a really hard time with this switch. She suggested I go back to taking a small dose of the old meds, as well as the new one (overlapping). I started the new one today already, in the morning. She suggested I call my other doctor to get her on board with this suggestion.

Other doctor was outraged that my family doctor is making suggestions outside of her field of expertise. So, I had one doctor insulting another, and me in the middle wanting to just crawl into bed and run away from the pressure.

In the end, I made my own decision from my intuition. I decided not to add the small dose of the meds I went off of (4 days already). I will ride this out, and it'll be OK.

I canceled my activities for tomorrow, and will lay low and stay simple.

I still have two couples who I committed to be their doula, but they aren't due for another three weeks, and I am quite sure this will be history by then.

Please Gd.

No comments :

Post a Comment