Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Starry, starry night

It's another night up at the same hour- between 3 and 4am. It's always then, very consistent. It'd be quite useful if a woman called me now to say she is in labor.

I take a half sleeping pill to get myself back to sleep; if I didn't, that'd be it. I know I slept during the day for a few days in a row now, but that sleeping was just forced upon me from within.

Recently, since this whole medicine changing thing, I've had a stronger and stronger desire to just go off them all. I am sick and tired of chemicals dictating what I will or will not feel or when I will or will not sleep.

Although, like many scenarios that we find ourselves in, there is something to be reaped. With this, aside from the quietness of the night, is the opportunity to check on my babies. I love looking at them in their sleep. Then I tell them the next day what they looked like, and they crack up. Sometimes Emma is up, too, and she gets a nice petting session, as well.

But chemically, I want a fresh start. Maybe I'm not ready for that decision yet, but I can want it, can't I?

2 comments :

  1. I'd say I'm awake right there with you but we're in different time zones. LOL. My time is 4:30 to 6 this AM. I'm about to try to go back to sleep today. Just thought I'd let you know you're not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm up at noon again feeling like I wasted half of my day sleeping. Hate that feeling. Hope your day is going well.

    ReplyDelete