Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank you for all your prayers

My cousin who is visiting here with us mentioned to me that I may want to tell people to take my name off of "mishabeirach" lists (this is a list that people repeat every time they pray, and especially on Torah reading days, so Hashem can hear the name of the person clearly, and send a speedy healing).

This cousin said that maybe hearing my name so much may confuse the bad spirits and make me ill, just because my name is out there when I am not sick. (this past episode of alien brain abduction together with the [still present] bronchitis prompted him to suggest this) So, we all know the whole "bad spirits" thing sounds pretty out there, but at the same time, there is something to be said for not bringing attention to yourself needlessly.

So I am officially stating that my name can be taken off your mishabeirach lists. I am not sick. I need help still, have pain still, etc, BUT, I am not in the land of the sick any more. Baruch Hashem.

Use that space in your prayers for other people who do need the attention, like: Rivka Bat Tirtzel, and Yael Bat Esther. May Hashem grant them a complete recovery very quickly. Very very quickly. Their families love them and need them.

2 comments :

  1. thanks for the "ishur". i have wondered quite a few times while reciting your name if you should in fact be there (& didn't think it correct to initiate the question).
    you should go from strength to strength.
    shavua tov and chodesh tov
    shlomit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baruch Rofeh Cholim.
    And thank you - for everything.
    May you have menuchat hanefesh and much simcha.

    ReplyDelete