Friday, April 30, 2010

medical kinda day all around

I'm up late here... just got back from taking a friend to the E.R. She is OK, thank Gd, but I am a bit too w i r e d. I had made a definite decision that I will go to bed early tonight- like 8:30 early. Then she called (one of my after-birth mommies, but we are good friends, too) and said she was worried about her symptoms, and I was, too. So we went. She has just a bad virus, nothing more serious. Good that we found that out.

I was at the health clinic this morning and saw my doctor. It was a long appointment, and I got to ask the pointed questions I needed to ask her. I also got the brain CT appointment for this coming Monday (to rule out certain bad things as possible causes of the migraines). I have a friend to join me for that too. Fasting for 4 hours beforehand, and getting my brain zapped with iodine... I don't know how I'll feel afterward. So I got me a date.

I had a few tough questions for my doctor that I've been struggling with, and I shed a few tears, but I can't get into it here. I trust that The Master of the Universe will guide me to the right decision.

Then with the secretary I made appointments with the pediatrician for Shifra And Azriel. Shifra with her tests (all finally in) about her issues about early puberty, and Wazi because he has weird bumps on him now for a few months that haven't gone away. They look like little warts on his torso. I'll see what the doctor thinks. I want her to culture one of them.

Then I went on to hydrotherapy. It was good, but it hurt. Skipping last week made a difference, even though I keep up (for the most part) with the training I do on ground. There is just nothing like the water for my sore joint.

Then errands, some of them medical paperwork to get shuffled from here to there, picking up Shifra's test results.

Then home with a kid or two, then out again to a birthday party Ya'akov was invited to, then out again to take Dov to his work-out, then home to make challot and pizza (it's Thursday!). Then I had to practice. One and a half hours later, I started to read a bit about the info I got for the private surgeons, and I realized how tired I am. Then I made the resolve to sleep at 8:30, and even told Robert that plan.

But the phone call from my distressed friend with worrisome symptoms, and off to the ER we went. My motto- expect the unexpected.

Sometimes I feel like Gd is saying to me "go ahead, Sarah, make a plan- I dare you- just make a plan. As soon as you think you are the one in charge here, I'm going to show you otherwise."

So, a medical day, just after 1am now.
Good night, friends. Orchestra rehearsal tomorrow... I'm happy to have a break from doctor and hospital stuff. (Supporting births is also lots of time in hospital.)

BTW- this coming Sunday is not only my late Father-in-law's birthday, but it coincides (on the Hebrew calendar- the holiday of Lag B'omer) with the day that I woke from the coma, living for the first time after battling NF. It's my three year re-birth day, so to speak.

Anyone wanna pop a bottle of champagne? Wouldn't that be fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment