Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lag B'omer- three years ago, and today

Tears just started flowing like some sort of automatic reflex or something as soon as the day turned to night... and the bonfires started up all around Israel. The smell of the fires hit me, then the date hit me and moved my heart into my throat.

This is the Jewish holiday of Lag B'omer. The 33rd day of the Omer, which is the time period between Passover and the holiday of Shavuot. Also known, in my heart, as the day I woke out of a coma, the first time. It was three years ago, and I woke up disoriented, body completely numb, tube in my mouth, and saw my dear husband standing right there by my side. I had no *idea* what happened. I learned from Robert what day it was. This day.

I have the beginnings of a migraine.
The bonfires are starting
My kids want to roast their marshmallows

Robert has a lot of work to do, but he said he'd take the kids to the bonfire himself because of my headache... and the tears dropping from my lower lids.

But I don't want to be alone tonight.

So much more to write, but we are going...
I'll write more soon.

2 comments :

  1. Sarah, Shavua tov. May the z'chut of Rabbi Shimon watch over all of us.
    Hold that thought, and turn those tears to tears of thanks to Hashem for all the chessed He has done for you, and how He has caused you to see that everything in our lives emanates from Him and it is good.Of course, while I am writing this to you, I am internalizing it myself. Here's a special hug for a special friend "HUG" Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of strange when such strong references sort of take over the day.....

    ReplyDelete