Friday, January 14, 2011

Long time no post, but I'm OK

I know it's been a while since I posted. Life has been very, very busy. And actually I don't have much time right now to write; it is a half hour before Shabbat, and I am on my own here getting everyone ready. Robert is in America preparing for the unveiling of his father's grave stone, and the first year yartzeit (memorial) since his father passed. Do you remember this post from that magical, intense weekend exactly a year ago when we were all in America? I remember it well.

So what have I been busy with?

Well, our van got stolen.
Yup.
No, we didn't have theft insurance; the ins company wouldn't insure it because it was a 1993 vehicle.
Gone... just gone. Car seats and all.

Well, it's just a thing, right?

Another thing is just that I've been adjusting to the new medicine ("Lyrica"). I am up to the dosage that Dr. D suggested, and it doesn't seem to be making much difference with the nerve pain. I will keep it up for a little while to see if it will work with some building up in my system.

On Sunday I will start the "Art 50" that he suggested for the cartilage and joint pain. He said maybe it'll help with the PVNS. We hope.

Dr. D. never returned my call about taking these new meds in light of my kidney diagnosis. I called his secretary a few times, and she said it is up to him to call, that she knows he got my fax, and that's all she can do. :-/

I may change to this Dr. Z here in Be'er Sheva; I need more answers and regular availability for my questions.

So Robert left Thursday, and my car Kermit lost it's brakes today. Of course. But we have a wonderful mechanic, and he fixed the brakes (to the tune of about $300.00 US) and I got the car back the same day (today). Yay. Now I can go to Rehovot (near Tel Aviv) on Sunday morning for the MRI.

(And a special thanks to BDV for arranging the pick-ups for Shifra and Azriel today, and getting me back to the mechanic to get my car. That was a very, very appreciated  favor!)

Oh yeah, I have an MRI on Sunday morning for the PVNS evaluation. The orthopedic oncologists at Ichilov (Dr. Meller & team) are going compare it with my CT from December, and the previous MRI from August. It'll be another three weeks until I know the answer about that.

I have to go... it is almost Shabbat here and I gotta get the kids showered and pretty. We are invited out for the meals.
Shabbat Shalom!

No comments :

Post a Comment