Sunday, March 20, 2011

The buck ends here.

No more doctors.
I have had Enough. Really. Way more than enough.

I am not going to redo those tests for the nephrologist, not going for another CT, not going to the newest orthopedist recommendation.

What *am* I going to do?

Take care of myself as best as I can, and be the best parent and wife I can be. Sometimes that means a day in bed. Usually that means being a pretty good mother and wife.

I am going to keep my head in the sand for a while, unless something makes itself known.
If it means that I will live to 80 instead of 90, so be it.

It's taken me this long to realize that there ~Is No End~. Not unless I make it end. One doctor will always try to help by sending you for more tests, or to another doctor.

I need to make it end.

I just don't want to talk about any of this any more with any doctors.

I want to LIVE life.

3 comments :

  1. I'm thinking of you and wishing you well on Purim and after...Lots of people find the demands of Purim overwhelming, and it's okay not to get it all right. A lot of the stuff that we do which makes it "Purim" to us is not the essential...

    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sare, XXXOOO. It seems all the appointments may take more out of you than the actual level of pain that you deal with daily. It's important for all of us to weigh the energy consumption of any task we take on. Please remember your family and friends love you for you, not for all the things you might do for them (ex. extra special costumes or cakes, yummy Shabbos lunches). Please take care of yourself, and by default, you'll be taking care of them!
    Purim is exhausting for anyone. We crazy Jews fast all day and dress up and dance and eat all night, run around the next day with lots of deliveries, and then cook and eat some more... even for those in good health, it's not easy!
    Anyway, LOL and keeping a low profile (with facebook on hand) is just fine! You are your best advocate. XXXOOO Devorah B., NJ, USA

    ReplyDelete