Wednesday, January 23, 2013

worried; go to hospital or not?

I thought we were going in the right direction. Honestly, I don't know if I am working myself into a tizzy about this, or if I need this level of worry.

Today isn't better, and I am starting to freak out. There is lots of pain still, but the redness has remained the same since Tuesday (yesterday), after the Monday when things were spreading. 

I almost went to the hospital today, but am going to wait until 4pm when I can go rather to a doctor in a clinic (not my doctor- my clinic is closed) and get an opinion from there. The pain in my mesh behind the affected area is what is freaking me out more, knowing that foreign bodies (the mesh) can be a conduit for infection. My homeopath told me what to do, and I will take the remedy (as soon as I get this thermometer out of my mouth), and rest and see what happens. I think I will go to the doctor at 4, though. Well, 4:30 actually... gotta take Azriel to his first day of a new English reading class. It's the first one, and I know that if I send him with someone else, he may be against going at all. I'll take him, then go to the doctor. 

OK, temp 37.5, not yet "danger zone"- they always say that is after 38.
I so desperately want to stay out of the whole hospital drama.

But I am also scared. So so scared. I know all of you are saying "understandably so".
At this point, if the doctor today tells me he recommends me to go to the hospital, I would go. We'll see what he says.

I now have internet anywhere, anytime, so I can update personally whenever I want. :-)


  1. Thinking of you, wish you a Refua Sheleima,

    Chana V (J'lem)

  2. keep the posts coming! where are you now? Refuah shelaima!

    DB of NJ