Monday, September 2, 2019

To dream the impossible dream?

Truth is I'm daring to dream again.

I have recently been dreaming about going back to school and becoming a nurse.
I've had awesome nurses and some awful ones. I know the difference better than most people.
Can I do shift work?
Can I be on my feet that long during a day?
Can I learn again in school, like do I have the capacity to go back to school and learn?
Will I get a job at this juncture in my life?
Really, nursing?

Yes, I do want that, but those questions remain unanswered. I mean,

how much of my health am I regaining? All of it? Part of it?

I know I'd be a great nurse, but I also know the education is brutal (I have a friend who did it at around my age), can I learn in a university in Hebrew? How active is my brain, what is my potential? It could be that going from here, from this point in my life, leads me to a big question mark.

Daring to dream... it's been so long. Will I actually do it is a whole other question.

I've had this post cued up to publish for two days now...it's scary to put your dreams out there! I feel in my gut that I need to do this but I'm so scared. There is a program at my local university to learn four years of nursing in two years. It's a tough program, my friend did a similar program. I can do tough, though, I've done lots of tough. I think I can do this. But I'm not sure.

I've had this dream since before I had NF actually, I wanted to become a midwife, which means first you have to be a nurse. I looked into it 13 years ago. Now I'm older and wiser....... and I have no pain. I can do anything.

(in two weeks I start playing horn again...my surgeon said I can begin playing after the 12 week point, that's in two weeks. :)

1 comment :

  1. I don't know you, but go for it! I went back to do my master's degree at Hebrew U at age 53...older than everyone including the teachers. Not only did I keep up, but I excelled. It gave me energy and drive that I hadn't felt in years. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete